PRISON NOTARY FEES FOR KERN VALLEY STATE PRISON, LERDO COUNTY JAIL AND MODIFIED COMMUNITY CORRECTIONAL FACILITIES:
Starting at $150.00 and up
To conduct any such services (listed below) within a prison or jail facility. It requires a special gate pass to conduct such assignment face to face with inmates.
Jail signings usually takes a little more time than normal signings and the price reflects the extra time that is involved. Our service fees includes up to 3 Notarized Signatures during initial visit, driving mileage, walking time, waiting time and transaction time plus mailing your Notarized Documents to you or to the alternate address you provided me.
Additional notarized signatures of 4 or more, will be charged at $15.00 per notarized signature.
Here is a list of services that we provide for inmates at both State Prison and County Jail:
THERE ARE NO HIDDEN FEES
I am Licensed, Bonded with E&O Insurance & Background Check
I CARRY POWER OF ATTORNEY FORMS!!!
GET A POWER OF ATTORNEY PACKAGE TODAY!
FLAT FEE INCLUDES: 1 NOTARIZED CALIFORNIA UNIFORM STATUTORY POWER OF ATTORNEY FORM AND ONE (1) NOTARIZED AFFIDAVIT FOR POA
(SWORN STATEMENT FOR BANKS AND FINANCIAL INSTITUTIONS)
Health Care Decisions and Directive POA is not accepted and are not recognized by either CDCR or LERDO COUNTY JAIL.
Each Department has their own Health Care Directive DNR/Physician Orders for Life Sustaining Treatment (POLST)
Inmates can request from their Medical Department for such forms on an Inmate Request Form.
Notary/Travel Fee must be paid up front before I go out to Lerdo County Jail, MCCF’s or to Kern Valley State Prison.
If for any reason when I arrive and signing does not occur because the inmate refuses to sign, refuses to meet with me or they were transferred out, appointment will be considered a "no show": "HALF OF YOUR MONEY WILL BE RETURNED".
There are documents that must be notarized in order to allow for an individual’s personal affairs to be taken care of while they are incarcerated.
THIS IS A MUST - NO EXCEPTIONS
The document signer(s) must be PHYSICALLY PRESENT before the notary. An essential element of the notarial act is personal, face-to-face communication between the document signer(S) and the notary. This is necessary for the notary to assess the signer’s comprehension of the transaction and willingness to sign, to help ensure that neither coercion nor fraud are present, and to administer the required verbal ceremony. Physical presence of the signer is so important that notaries who fail to require it can be charged with a crime and punished.
Fees for Travel and Notarization at County Jails and Prisons vary in prices for the first hour (most jobs are completed within an hour) depending on the document(s) needing to be notarized and travel/location.
Most jobs are completed within an hour but a lot depends on Lerdo County Jail and the State Prison program status.
- At any time the notary job is over an hour, you will be billed at $15.00 for the first 15 minutes "Wait Time Fee" and each additional 15 minutes afterwards will be considered also "Wait Time Fee"
- Any additional fees (notarized signatures will be charged accordingly, as per mandated by California Law) will be due and payable (cash or credit card) at the time the notarized document(s) are delivered to you.*
- Notary/Travel Fee must be paid up front before I go out to Lerdo County Jail or Pre-Trial Jail or to any State Prison.
- It's your responsibility to make sure that the inmate is still housed at Lerdo County Jail, prior to me going out there. I don't want to waste your time and take your money because he or she wasn't there because the inmate got transferred out.
- It's also your responsibility to let me know if the inmate is being held in Lerdo Pre-Trial or is housed in the Maximum-Minimum Facility. If the inmate is housed on the Maximum-Minimum Facility, make sure that the inmate is not working when I visit to do the notary. Lerdo deputies and or facility staff will not let the inmate leave their work site/job assignment to meet with me. Inmates can only visit, if they are not working or on their days off. "Ask the inmate if they are working and what are their work hours and their days off".
- Its your responsibility to advise the inmate that I will be visiting them and will be bringing them the Document(s) and the inmate is welling to sign the notary paperwork. "Again, I don't want to waste your time and take your money".
- If for any reason when I arrive and signing does not occur because the inmate refuses to sign, refuses to meet with me or they were transferred out, appointment will be considered a "no show": "HALF OF YOUR MONEY WILL BE RETURNED".
- If I have to re-schedule notary appointment because the inmate refused to sign the first time or if they were sent Out to Court or Out to Medical. There will be a charge to schedule appointment again if I have to travel to any County Facility or State Prison Facility. (Call me for price to re-schedule notary appointment)
- If you need me to travel to any other County Jail Facility or State Prisons beyond 31 miles of Bakersfield city limits: this will incur a service fee (Sevice Fee plus per mile trip fee). The initial Service/Notary Fee must be paid upfront by cash or credit card, "No Checks".
***Any additional fees will be due and payable (cash or credit card) at the time notarized document(s) are delivered to you.***
I will return document(s) to you in a timely fashion and in a method of your choosing. If you live further out from Kern County, I will notarize the papers, scan them and email the copy to you, and mail the originals to you.
Forms of payments accepted:
- Cash (Sorry, I do not carry any money on me, if you expect change back - Covid 19),
- Business/Corporate Checks and
- Major Credit Cards accepted
$25.00 for NSF Return Checks